Sunday, August 9, 2015

Going to Aldi

My money saving trick I tried today was going to Aldi. Now, I usually go to Wal-Mart and buy generic. That does save cash. However, at Aldi it did shave $20 off my grocery bill. Its not the highest class place to shop, but hey it works.

One thing I can't do without is my take and bake pizzas. I know, its more expensive and my hubby complains that I just don't like the frozen ones. However, they do have them at Aldis for $5.99 and Wal-Mart has them for $8.99.

Milk was half the price!! That's one thing that I through a lot of! I can go on and on, but if you don't mind generic items (and seriously, you are just paying for advertising!) you can save a lot of $$$. If I can save at least $20 a week, I really will have a Merry Christmas.

Yes, having to bring my own tote bags and paying the quarter for the shopping cart was a pain in the butt, but this really will help me save money in the future.


2 comments:

  1. And you think Walmart is a "high class place to shop"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, not really. Although at times it is the most convenient, especially since they are open 24 hrs. Where else can you shop after midnight?

    ReplyDelete